Use the Cornell Notes format we learned in class. Make sure you write an 8-12 sentence summary at the bottom, or on the back. You will not get credit without the summary!
Title: History of Babylon Key Terms (hint: they are all in the first half of the article): The Old City, Hammurabi, Assyrian Invasion, Nebuchadnezzar II
4. CODE OF HAMMURABI ANALYSIS DUE WEDNESDAY (2/3)
Pick at least two of the civil OR criminal code sets (each slide is a set). PDF
1. Write a summary for each of the codes. (2-3 sentences each) 2. Explain why these codes might have been created. (Be specific, but make inferences) (3-4 sentences each) 3. Give a brief explanation about similarities and differences that these laws share with modern American laws. (4-5 sentences each) HINT: use objective information, do not make judgments about the goodness or badness of the laws.
3. NEANDERTHAL VS. AMH (ANATOMICALLY MODERN HUMAN) BRAIN STUDY DUE MONDAY (2/1)
Reading and Analysis Questions PDF Brain and Skull Diagrams PDF
2. VOCABULARY LIST ONE IS DUE WEDNESDAY (1/27)
(See vocabulary section of this website.)
1. NEANDERTHAL WRITING PROMPT IS DUE TUESDAY (1/26)
Write a one to two page response to the following question. Use as many details from the text, and our in class discussions. (Remember: there is no answer directly provided for this question in the text. You need to use evidence to create your own argument.)
"How have humans adapted, over time, to survive on a hostile planet? What traits (physical or behavioral) have been most useful to humans in their competition for survival?"