USE THE OUTLINE ABOVE. FEEL FREE TO TYPE DIRECTLY INTO IT, OR TAKE A HARD COPY FROM MR. WHITE. THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THIS IS THE THESIS STATEMENT! MAKE SURE YOU TAKE A POSITION ON THE QUESTION "WHAT EFFECTS HAS MONEY HAD ON PEOPLE IN DIFFERENT TIMES AND PLACES IN HISTORY?".
USE THE OUTLINE TO SET UP A PLAN FOR HOW YOU WILL WRITE THIS ESSAY. YOU HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED IN THE MONEY ESSAY TEXTS (#26 BELOW) THAT YOU ALREADY ANALYZED.
27. ROMAN EMPIRE DOCUMENTARY AND ANALYSIS DUE IN CLASS ON MONDAY 4/25
YOU MAY ONLY DO THIS IN CLASS IF YOU HAVE HEADPHONES!! (OTHERWISE, YOU WILL NEED TO DO IT OVER THE WEEKEND FOR HW)
Watch the video, and fill out the analysis sheet linked here. Since it might be hard to watch the video and keep the Word Doc open at the same time, you should read through the questions ahead of time so that way you will know when to pause and answer a question.
26. MONEY ESSAY PRIMARY SOURCE ORGANIZER DUE IN CLASS ON THURSDAY 4/21
You should use both of these files at the same time. Read the primary sources, one at a time, and type your notes directly onto the organizer. Make sure you save the file in a place where you'll be able to find it again. Please leave the hard copies for students who don't have laptops!
25. ROME CORNELL NOTES DUE IN CLASS ON WEDNESDAY 4/20
Use this PDF (It contains the article, terms, and title for your Cornell Notes.)
24. VOCABULARY LIST 6 DUE IN CLASS ON WEDNESDAY 4/20
23. ATHENS VS. SPARTA CLASSWORK AND HOMEWORK BOTH DUE THURSDAY 4/7 1. Open this file 2. Complete the Venn Diagram (bottom of the PDF), with at least 24 items from the comparative chart. 3. HW: Write a one page response to this question. Would you rather live in Sparta, or Athens? Give at least five specific reasons (supported by details from the Venn Diagram) that support your answer.
22. GREEK CORNELL NOTES DUE IN CLASS ON THURSDAY 3/31
When you are done with your three Silk Road cities, give a brief description of ONE of them. This description can be typed, or handwritten and must answer the following points:
-Why was this an important city across the Silk Road trade network?
-Is this city important in the modern world anymore? If so, explain how. If not, explain why it is no longer important.
-If you walked into a marketplace in this city, 2,000 years ago, what might you expect to find? Think about these four senses (smells, sights, sounds, tastes). Give a vivid description of what the marketplace looks, sound, smells like, and what kinds of product you would find there.
Title: Basics of Buddhism Key Terms: Siddhartha Gautama, Four Noble Truths, Karma, Cycle of Rebirth
11. VOCABULARY LIST THREE DUE MONDAY (2/29)
10. PYRAMID REFLECTION #1 DUE THURSDAY (2/24)
Write a one page reflection answering the questions below. You can answer each of these questions separately, or combine them in your short essay. I don't care if you hand write this, or type it, but I will require a hard copy in class on Thursday.
Guiding Questions/Prompts: 5-7 sentences with detailed explanations, per question.
-Do you think your pyramid construction project is on track to be successful? Explain your answer. -What are some of the challenges in your current construction process? Please be specific. (challenges can include many things like: this is a brand new experience, it is hard to work with peers, the materials are hard to work with, and many others.) -How do you plan to address these challenges as you continue in the construction process? Please be specific. -If you could go back in time two days, how would you plan differently for this task? Please be specific.
Use the Cornell Notes format we learned in class. Make sure you write an 8-12 sentence summary at the bottom, or on the back. You will not get credit without the summary!
Title: History of Babylon Key Terms (hint: they are all in the first half of the article): The Old City, Hammurabi, Assyrian Invasion, Nebuchadnezzar II
4. CODE OF HAMMURABI ANALYSIS DUE WEDNESDAY (2/3)
Pick at least two of the civil OR criminal code sets (each slide is a set). PDF
1. Write a summary for each of the codes. (2-3 sentences each) 2. Explain why these codes might have been created. (Be specific, but make inferences) (3-4 sentences each) 3. Give a brief explanation about similarities and differences that these laws share with modern American laws. (4-5 sentences each) HINT: use objective information, do not make judgments about the goodness or badness of the laws.
3. NEANDERTHAL VS. AMH (ANATOMICALLY MODERN HUMAN) BRAIN STUDY DUE MONDAY (2/1)
Reading and Analysis Questions PDF Brain and Skull Diagrams PDF
2. VOCABULARY LIST ONE IS DUE WEDNESDAY (1/27)
(See vocabulary section of this website.)
1. NEANDERTHAL WRITING PROMPT IS DUE TUESDAY (1/26)
Write a one to two page response to the following question. Use as many details from the text, and our in class discussions. (Remember: there is no answer directly provided for this question in the text. You need to use evidence to create your own argument.)
"How have humans adapted, over time, to survive on a hostile planet? What traits (physical or behavioral) have been most useful to humans in their competition for survival?"